Sunday, July 13, 2008

Training Log - Sunday July 13,2008

As of yesterday's Team training, I have officially been at this for 3 weeks.

At the first Team Swim, I could swim 100 yds freestyle and then switched to breast stroke for the remaining 100 yds before a 2 minute break.
Yesterday, we swam 2 x 400yds with a 1 minute break between. I didn't have to switch from freestyle until the last 200yds where I did side stroke - 100yds on each side.
My air is so much better, and my lame-o shoulder is amazing me with how not lame-o it truly is!
800yds is nearly half a mile!
All in all, I've clocked 4150 swim yds or almost 3 miles in 3 weeks!

In addition, I have a total of 115 miles on bike, 12.2 running miles (several of them interval or fartlek), and 4 hours of yoga ;)

When the little perfectionist in my head starts talking trash, I remind myself that this training process is not about winning or even competing, but rather about systematically approaching challenges, surmounting them, and ultimately triumphing.

I remind myself of all those with cancer, those that I honor and those I remember. The brave folks who face obstacles I cannot know with strength I can only aspire to.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

i am So impressed!

Janis Bland said...

Yay Christie! I just got an email from your Mom and Jake. I'll be linking you to my blog tonight with a big post.

I just had a moment to skim your blog, but I look forward to reading more tonight. I do encourage you to continue blogging after the race, though, because you're a great writer with interesting thoughts!

Love,
Janis