Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Lessons I've Learned in Training

1. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate.

2. Do not hydrate with pond water; it is best used for swimming, not ingesting.

3. Whoever designed road bikes was clearly not well. I can find no other logical
explanation for the marble seated, thin tired, featherweighted thing that is
the racing bike.

4. Falling is inevitable when you are attached to a bike. Be prepared.

5. Bike gloves are not for looking cool. They are to protect the palms during the frequent aforementioned plummets to pavement.

6. Tri-shorts are very helpful to the poor abused nether regions - wear them. Unfortunately, regardless of how often they are laundered, they carry with them the stench of what can only be described as chronic donkey butt.

7. Goo is something you are supposed to eat and like. (blech)

8. Runners trots have nothing to do with horses.

9. Vomiting on a run is considered an almost tribal rite of passage. It is met with great yalps of excitement and cheers of encouragement from gleeful coaches and fellow tri-guys alike.

10.If I am very quiet on an early morning run, I can solve most of the world's problems in the first 20 minutes.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

OMG I am snorting coffee out of my nose as I read your post - now I know your secret weapon

Kristen said...

whoops, i didn't finish my comment - I meant to say your secret weapon is to leave em laughing in the dust - if you can carry on your commentary while competing ( a bit of alliteration) then your competitors will be paralyzed with the giggles!

go stink!

Rebecca said...

Helloooo!!!!! The Patron Saint of Public Potties checking in on ya! I am so proud of you. I want to want to run, but I just don't. LOL

We need to catch up sometime soon. I miss all your Stink-stories. I still laugh when I see a Mercedes driver and think about you wanting them to do the VW Bus wave. LOL My hubby is all about motorcycles now and they have they're special 2-fingered wave. (as opposed to one-fingered...LOL)

Miss talking to you! Rebecca