Sunday, July 13, 2008

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore or my Ruby Slippers

These


are my Ruby Red Slippers.


I've tried clicking my heels three times and saying "There's no place like home.", but the darn things appear to be broken.

It seems that the only way I'll be able to "get on down, get on down the roooaaaaddd" is if I hook the silly metal clippy things on the bottom


into the vicious jaw like pedals on this regal looking steed.



Frankly, I can think of a bazillion things to do with handmade Italian leather shoes. Walking in Milan, for instance, or down some equally romantic shwank of a street.

Even this "Get Smart" inspired thing

seems to make more sense, though, to be honest, I think the littlest Stink and her BFF were having trouble getting any kind of good reception.


Shoe phones and swank aside, at one point,long ago, some clever soul decided that these little slippers should be the mechanism that locks an otherwise unsuspecting triathlete (in training) onto a piece of carbon and aluminum that is, for all intents and purposes, careening wildly down hot asphalt at speeds upwards of 20 MPH.


Brilliant.


I think I like the shoe phone idea better.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post. Those two cuties could be the next Agent 99! My only question is "what in the world were you doing "blogging' at 5:30 in the morning???? If you want a "guest blogger" sometime, I know of someone who doesn't sleep at that time of the day either! I'm sure she would much rather "blog" than do laundry! - BF